Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Action:
A Conversation with DEI Law School Leaders
This program was recorded November 15, 2021
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is certainly not a new concept. However, the social upheaval and protests that occurred during summer 2020 in response to the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and countless others brought racial, gender, LGBTQ+, and disability inequities to the forefront of public consciousness. Countless corporations, industry leaders, organizations, universities, and workplaces made public statements and launched initiatives to show their commitment to combat systemic biases, discrimination, and inequities. Recognizing that DEI is critical to the legal profession, our judicial system, and the rule of law, law schools re-energized their DEI efforts, implementing new anti-racism and DEI efforts, initiatives, and trainings for faculty, staff, and students and forming DEI committees or having a dedicated DEI professional. Our panel of DEI law school leaders will share their role within law schools and the broader legal profession in creating and fostering an environment and culture of inclusion and equality that nurtures and strengthens a sense of community and belonging for all faculty, staff, and students.
CART Services will be available.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS NOT FOR CLE CREDIT.
- Mary Ann Ferguson, Esq. (she/her/hers), Assistant Dean for Diversity and Equity Services, Michigan State University College of Law
- Patricia K. Kinney (she, her, hers), Assistant Dean of Diversity & Inclusion, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Kathy Seward Northern, Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion; Robert M. Duncan/Jones Day Designated, Associate Professor of Law, Moritz College of Law
- Rebecca L. Scheller, J.D. (she/her/hers), Associate Dean for Admission & Financial Aid, University of Wisconsin Law School
- Commission on Disability Rights
- Commission on Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity
- Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights & Responsibilities
- Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar
- Young Lawyers Division
- Law Student Division
- Council for Diversity in the Educational Pipeline
- Commission on Women in the Profession
- Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession